Bousquet Holstein has extensive experience working with companies to provide both short-term immigration services and long-term strategies for the hiring, movement, and retention of global talent. Our attorneys have expertise in matters at the intersection of business and immigration and can help businesses with an array of corporate services to ensure uniformity, consistency, and compliance.
We offer legal guidance on the immigration consequences of mergers, acquisitions, reductions-in-force, corporate name changes, relocation of an employer or its employees, and other corporate transactions, with the aim of reducing the risk of potential immigration-related liabilities.
With the increase in immigration liability enforcement imposed on employers, we encourage companies making corporate changes to ensure that they include immigration compliance on their due diligence checklist. Our business and immigration attorneys will work with the acquiring entity to conduct a Form I-9 audit during the due diligence period of the transaction.
Our corporate immigration services include:
- Assisting start-up companies and foreign businesses with corporate entity formation and establishment of U.S. operations
- Developing business immigration strategies for multinational companies
- Conducting immigration trainings on the basics of U.S. immigration law
- Developing a customized immigration policy to ensure the uniformity and consistency of the employer’s immigration sponsorship process
- Advising on best practices regarding employment eligibility verification requirements, I-9 and E-Verify compliance, conducting internal I-9 audits, representing employers before ICE with respect to I-9 investigations
- Developing short-term and long-term immigration strategies, including planning for temporary immigration solutions, exploring creative alternatives to H-1B visas up to the permanent residence and U.S. citizenship applications
- Guiding clients on immigration consequences of mergers, acquisitions, reductions-in-force, corporate name changes, relocation of an employer or its employees, and other corporate transactions
Investors and Developers
Bousquet Holstein attorneys bring their extensive experience to investment-based immigration matters. We work as a team with other practice areas in our firm, providing our immigration clients with experienced counsel in business transactions (including corporate and securities law, lending, and mergers and acquisitions), real estate, taxation, employment, employee benefits and other disciplines.
We provide services to non-immigrant investors applying for the E-2 (Treaty Investor) and L-1 (Intra-Company Transferee) categories, as well as counsel immigrant investors applying for permanent residence under the EB-5 Program.
In EB-5 immigrant petition cases, we represent clients who invest into a qualified project or make an investment through an approved regional center. In addition, we represent developers who are planning to develop a regional center, prepare a petition for a regional center designation, help develop a contact with an existing regional center to raise EB-5 capital for development projects, structure EB-5 project, prepare transactions and offer documents for EB-5 capital raise, and advise clients on all aspects of EB-5 and applicable securities regulation.
Contact a Business Immigration Attorney Today
Anna is an experienced business immigration attorney with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance matters, commercial transactions, and business immigration. Anna practiced law for over a decade in the Kyiv office of an international law firm where she advised multinational and Ukrainian companies on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and various business transactions. Her international experience enables her to assist clients with their cross-border matters.
APutintseva@BHLawpllc.com | 315-701-6372