After serving as a dedicated Member of Bousquet Holstein, Tom is now taking on the role as Of Counsel to the firm.
Real estate, whether simple or complex, is often the largest investment for people and businesses to make. Therefore, it’s no wonder that, when clients need a trustworthy attorney for these intricate matters, they are frequently referred to Tom Taylor.
Tom has a longstanding reputation as an authority in real estate, financial, and business matters based on his ability to solve issues confidently, timely and efficiently. He is highly regarded for his knowledge and dependability, traits that have made him a trusted advisor to clients and an authority professionals seek when they need answers. Tom’s extensive experience allows him to bring creative real estate ideas to fruition, even in the most complex of real estate transactions.
Some of Tom’s various real estate experience includes:
- Homeowner’s Associations (“HOAs”) and Condominiums – Tom represents multiple HOAs and Condominiums on a range of issues, including covenant enforcement and governance issues.
- Title Review – Tom serves as an agent for different title insurance companies and in that capacity reviews the state of title to determine marketability.
- Leasing – Tom represents multiple property owners of both commercial and residential properties and prepares leases and related documents.
- Real Estate Litigation – Tom’s clients include property owners seeking to quiet title, partition property, foreclose on mortgages and related actions.
- Financing – Tom has represented lenders and borrowers in numerous financing transactions involving real property, including institutional mortgages and private investment.
- Land Use and Municipal Processes – Tom is former Counsel for the Town of Skaneateles and has represented clients elsewhere in New York State regarding subdivision, development and SEQR compliance.
Tom is a native of Central New York, having graduated from Skaneateles High School before attending Syracuse University. After earning a Master’s Degree at Michigan State University, Tom returned to Syracuse and started a career in television at WSTM-TV3. He then returned to Syracuse University where he graduated from law school summa cum laude (with the highest distinction).
In addition to practicing law, Tom devotes significant time to multiple charitable organizations. Tom is passionate about international and cultural education and Chaired the Rotary District 7150 Youth Exchange program for eight years. Tom oversaw the recruitment, training, and exchange of multiple Central New York high school students with countries around the world. He also welcomed students from around the globe to study in local high schools for the academic year while providing training, resources, and guidance.
Tom received an appointment from then-Governor David Patterson to serve on the Upstate Medical University Council in 2010. Tom served on the Council for eight years, and, as interim Chair of the Council, Tom oversaw the selection of a new President of the University and offered daily support and advice to the Administration of the area’s largest employer and largest health care system, including the expansion of the campus’ real estate holdings. In 2022, Tom received a formal citation from Upstate Medical University in recognition of his dedication and years of service.
Tom also serves as an adjunct Professor of Business Law at SUNY Onondaga Community College and was chosen for inclusion in the 2021 and 2022 SuperLawyers listing.
- New York State Bar Association, Real Property Law Section
- Onondaga County Bar Association, Member, Former Board of Directors (1993-1995)
- Washington DC Bar Association
Community Involvement & Acknowledgements
- Onondaga County Bar Association Assigned Counsel Program – Former Board of Directors (2002-2006)
- Rotary, District 7150 Youth Exchange – Former Chair
- Legal Services of Central New York, Inc. – Past President
- Super Lawyers – Upstate New York Edition 2021-2022
J.D., Syracuse University College of Law, 1987, summa cum laude
M.A., Michigan State University, 1983
B.A., Syracuse University, 1979, magna cum laude
District of Columbia