Our Bankruptcy Practice Group provides comprehensive services in the areas of business bankruptcy and workouts. We have represented unsecured and secured creditors as well as landlords and tenants with respect to a wide variety of matters involving entities such as hotels, shopping centers, wholesale and retail suppliers, manufacturers, financial institutions, telecommunications companies, municipalities and dairy cooperatives.
Our attorneys are skilled in handling virtually all aspects of commercial creditor, collection and workout matters. We possess substantial experience in representing commercial debtors in Chapter 11 cases and collaborate with the Business Transactions and Banking and Financial Institutions Practice Groups when needed.
We have participated in nationally-known cases such as Merry-Go-Round, Hills, Adelphia, Agway, Penn Traffic, Dana, Delphi, and Bennett Funding Group, and regularly represent Fortune 500 companies, major banks and financial institutions in bankruptcy cases. Our attorneys have been trustees in major bankruptcy matters in both Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 in the Northern District of New York, including the Telergy case in which the trustee successfully sold operating telecommunications networks.
Types of Bankruptcy and Debtor/Creditor Rights work we do:
- Asset Protection
- Assist in Filing Proof of Claim
- Bankruptcy - Hourly
- Bankruptcy - Trustee
- Borrow Rights and Opportunities
- Commercial Lender Issues (Including Farm Lenders)
- Creditor Claims
- Defense of Voidable Preference Claims
- Landlords and Tenants - Executory Contracts
- Litigate Dischargeability Complaints
- Motions to Modify Automatic Stay
- Purchase and Sale of Assets
- Raising Capital / Capital Development
- Recovery of Creditor Collateral
- Warn Act Issues
- Work Out / Turnarounds