Natalie P. Hempson-Elliott has over ten years of experience representing clients in various business, real estate, and public finance transactions.
Natalie has served and advised clients in matters relating to real estate development, commercial lending and financing, leasing, and the acquisition and sale of real property interests. In particular she has significant experience representing not-for-profit and for-profit affordable housing developers in transactions involving low income housing tax credits, federal, and state funding sources and conventional construction and permanent financing. Natalie has also served and advised clients in corporate matters relating to entity structure and formations, intra-company issues, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring, and other transactional projects.
Natalie first determines her clients’ goals in a particular transaction and focuses on their needs in a responsive, comprehensive, and efficient manner. Her experience working with talented attorneys in various practice areas has given her an intuitive perspective on what opportunities and issues may have an impact on her clients. She prides herself on building collaborative relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Represented not-for-profit developer and owner entity in the development and financing of a 58 unit mixed-use housing project containing affordable housing units, market-rate units, and commercial space, involving 9% low income housing tax credits and construction financing, and permanent financing from the Housing Trust Fund Corporation, and a grant from the New York State Urban Development Corporation.
- Represented not-for-profit developer and owner entity in the development and financing of approximately 53 housing units on scattered sites located in the City of Syracuse; the transaction involved 9% low income housing tax credits, construction financing, subordinate construction financing from the Housing Trust Fund Corporation and City of Syracuse HOME Program, and permanent financing from the Housing Trust Fund Corporation, and a grant from the NYS Local Initiative Support Corporation.
- Represented for-profit developer in the acquisition and construction financing of a vacant building in the City of Syracuse, which now contains 79 residential apartment units and approximately 35,900 square feet of office and retail space.
- Represented and counseled numerous corporate clients in the sale or acquisition of business assets (including stock or ownership interests), beginning with negotiating the letter of intent, the asset purchase agreement, conducting and organizing due diligence, preparing ancillary documents, and coordinating the closing.
- Represented commercial lending institutions in the structuring of various financing transactions, including the preparation of commitment letters, loan documents, and closing.
Prior to joining Bousquet Holstein, Natalie was an attorney at Levene Gouldin & Thompson LLP in Vestal, New York and an attorney at Bond, Schoeneck & King in Syracuse, New York, where she was able to focus and hone her expertise in the areas of business, finance and real estate.
Natalie currently serves on the Board of Directors Vera House and is a member of the Camillus Democratic Committee.
Affiliations and Acknowledgements
- Central New York Women’s Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Associations
- Super Lawyers Upstate NY Edition – Rising Star 2016-2019
- CNY Business Journal Forty Under 40 Award Recipient-2017
- Fairmount Community Library, Board of Directors
- Vera House, Former Member, Board of Directors
- Camillus Democrat Committee
- Syracuse High School Theater Awards – Adjudicator
- Say Yes Legal Clinics – Onondaga County Bar Association Volunteer Lawyer’s Project.
J.D., Syracuse University College of Law, Cum Laude, 2008
New England School of Law, 2005-2006
B.A. Hobart and William Smith Colleges, Magna Cum Laude, 2004