Gary is counsel to the firm on administrative law. Previously, Gary was senior vice president & chief legal officer of Niagara Mohawk Holdings, Inc. and senior vice president, legal & corporate relations of Niagara Mohawk Power Corporation. Gary served in the U.S. Department of Energy as Deputy General Counsel for Environment & Nuclear Programs managing a portfolio including Assistant General Counsel for International & National Security Programs, Assistant General Counsel for Environment, and Assistant General Counsel for Civilian Nuclear Programs.
Gary served in a number of staff positions with the New York State Legislature, including Legislative Counsel to the Minority Leader of the Assembly, Counsel to the Senate Committee on Insurance, Executive Director of the Senate Committee on Corporations, Authorities & Commissions, and Assistant to the Chair of the Joint Legislative Committee on Reapportionment.
- New York State Joint Commission on Public Ethics, Commissioner
- New York Convention Center Operating Corporation (Javits Convention Center in NYC), Board Member, Chair of Finance Committee
- New York State Senate Advisory Commission on Privatization, Former Board Member
- Onondaga County Convention Center/War Memorial Arena (OnCenter), Former Chair, Board of Directors
- Onondaga County Metropolitan Water Board, Former Board Member
- Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency, Former Board Member
- Served four terms as member of the United States Commission for the Preservation of America’s Heritage Abroad, appointed by President George H.W. Bush and reappointed by President Clinton and George W. Bush upon nomination by the Speaker of the House of Representatives
J.D., Syracuse University College of Law, 1973
B.S., Syracuse University, 1971
District of Columbia