Commercial real estate is at the heart of the Bousquet Holstein Real Estate Department.
Our attorneys represent business owners, investors, developers, landlords, tenants, and financing institutions in all aspects of commercial real estate matters.
Often, our attorneys are called upon to counsel clients long before a contract is executed or a “closing” is on the horizon. Working with the Business Practice Group, our real estate attorneys are part of a professional team that assists clients in determining how real estate works best for a particular client’s business model. For example, our clients often find that leasing is better than owning; or, conversely, that owning presents unique opportunities for economies of scale and efficiency.
Before any such real estate decisions are made, the attorneys in the Real Estate Practice Group assist clients with due diligence review of matters including: environmental, code and zoning, title review and lien clearance.
We take pride in our ability to understand a client’s needs and to work collaboratively with clients to achieve desired goals:
- Our attorneys have successfully negotiated complex real estate Options, Purchase Offers and Leases for medical office facilities, industrial production units, multi-use Development projects, syndications and condominium offerings.
- Our attorneys are skilled title examiners who routinely analyze title and provide guidance on possible implications of easements and other encumbrances on title to the client’s proposal.
- Our attorneys work with the Business Practice Group to focus on the available tax incentives,
including PILOTS, brownfield tax credits, historical tax credits and other means to help a project flourish.
- We appear before municipal zoning boards to present site development plans, variance applications and special use permits.
- We engage with other real estate professionals, such as brokers, architects, engineers and construction companies to work in unison to bring a project to fruition.
We understand that securing the right location and developing the property properly is a key component to a business’ success and vitality.