At Bousquet Holstein, we are a diverse group of professionals and we embrace the diverse population that we serve. We combine our skills and experience in a wide variety of legal areas with an understanding of the particular needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities (LGBTQ) and non-traditional families.
Estate and Personal Planning
Proper planning is extremely important for everyone, and particularly for members of the LGBTQ community and other non-traditional families. LGBTQ and non-traditional families should have experienced legal counsel to navigate a rapidly-changing and complicated legal system that may fail to protect and provide for all of our families equally.
- Plan for who will care for your children should something happen to you
- Help you appoint people that you trust to make health and financial decisions on your behalf
- Plan for the succession of your small business
- Advise you on tax issues that may reduce the tax burden on your estate so that you can leave more to those you care about
- Provide you comfort that your estate will be distributed in accordance with your wishes after you are gone
- Create a plan for you to support the charitable causes that you feel strongly about.
Employer-sponsored benefit plans face significant challenges in keeping up with changes to the laws that affect LGBTQ employees and participants. We can update you as changes in the law arise, advise you on issues related to benefits for unmarried couples and domestic partners, explain the impact for your company and your employees, and where necessary, amend your plans to keep them compliant.
Employee benefit plans are on the front lines of law changes impacting LGBTQ individuals. Our team is uniquely capable of helping plans adjust to the changing legal landscape.
Types of LGBTQ+ and Non-Traditional Families work we do:
- Burial Rights
- Divorce and Family Law
- Employee Benefits
- Employment and Discrimination
- Estates and Trusts Planning / Wills
- Tax Advocacy / IRS Accounting