Sam joined Bousquet Holstein in 2021. She monitors associate development to ensure that attorneys are progressing along the practice area’s desired developmental trajectory. She also coordinates with the recruitment team on attorney recruiting, including lateral attorneys, entry level attorneys and summer associates.
Prior to joining the firm, Sam began her legal career at Hiscock & Barclay (now Barclay Damon) in Syracuse where she concentrated on commercial litigation matters as well as torts, insurance and products liability issues. She most recently worked at Syracuse University College of Law in their Career Services Office where she counseled students on career planning, and all aspects of securing legal positions, including judicial clerkships. She also spent time overseeing the school’s externship program, helping students to secure placements, and teaching a seminar that covered topics to help students prepare to practice. Sam has also presented on law student related topics at several conferences for the National Association for Law Placement, in addition to serving in leadership roles and writing articles for the organization’s monthly publication.
Bachelor of Arts, Le Moyne College; Juris Doctor, SUNY Buffalo Law School.
Admitted to practice in New York State.
Professional Affiliations/Other Involvement:
National Association for Law Placement (NALP):
- Serves as Vice-Chair of the Recruiting Section of the National Association of Law Placement (NALP) overseeing the Recruiting Section’s Federal Law Clerk Hiring Plan work group.
- Appointed Member of the NDLE/NDLS Work Group (NALP Directory of Legal Employers/Law Schools, 2020-Present)
- Former elected Northeast School Member Representative for: Regional Resource Council (2014-2016) and Nominating Committee (2016-2017)
- Appointed Member: Annual Education Conference Planning Team (2017-2018); Chair, Judicial Clerkship Section (2018-2019)
Le Moyne College:
- Board Member, Le Moyne College Alumni Association, Co-Chair of the Alumni Awards Committee