“Going through a divorce or family court matter is often intimidating and overwhelming. In times like this you need an attorney who will listen and one you can trust. My goal in any matter is to ensure that you feel supported and confident through this difficult time, providing the best possible legal counsel.”
Rosemary Lepiane handles civil matters with a focus on family court, matrimonial litigation, and resolution. She has litigated all aspects of divorce cases from evaluating assets and equitable distribution to spousal/child support and highly contested custody disputes. She has handled complex divorce cases as well as uncontested divorces. Further, she also has experience with real estate law, tax law and bankruptcy as they relate to divorce matters. Rosemary cares strongly about children and making sure they have a voice in the court system. She has zealously represented children in custody matters and abuse and neglect matters.
Rosemary takes a practical and realistic approach to matrimonial and family court matters. Her goal in every case is to provide clients with a sense of closure and stability. She serves on the CNY Collaborative Family Law Professionals Board, which seeks to resolve cases in a collaborative matter instead of litigation. Rosemary is also trained in Mediation including Advanced Matrimonial Mediation. She believes clients are best served in the collaborative or meditation process. These processes allow clients the opportunity to negotiate the outcome using creative problem solving that can best fit their individualized case.
Rosemary has the experience, ability, and tenacity to effectively represent you in any litigated, collaborative or mediated matrimonial or family court matter.
Rosemary is a graduate of St. John Fisher College (Cum Laude) and Syracuse University College of Law. She has served as Assistant Corporation Counsel for the City of Syracuse where she handled complex civil ligation in both Supreme and Federal Court. During her tenure as an Assistant Corporation Counsel, she successfully defended the City against a 40-million-dollar civil suit. She has also served as a Hearing Examiner for the City of Syracuse.
- Obtained a favorable result in a custody action after trial. At issue was the custody of the two minor children. Father sought a modification of both physical and legal custody. Following several days of trial, Rosemary prevailed on a claim of legal custody and her client was awarded physical custody with final decision making authority.
- Negotiated a favorable divorce settlement in a case where her client signed both a prenuptial and postnuptial agreement. Rosemary successfully negotiated a distributive award of over $700,000.00 despite the pre and postnuptial agreements.
- Successfully defended a parent in a relocation matter after the parent and child moved to Onondaga County. The other parent attempted to gain sole custody of the child in the child’s former county and move the child back to the county. Attorney Lepiane successful petitioned the Court for a change of Venue to Onondaga County. She negotiated the child stay in Onondaga County with the relocating parent.
- Successfully defended against an emergency sole custody motion where one parent had been charged with a criminal offense and the other parent was attempting to gain sole legal and physical custody of the child. Attorney Lepiane negotiated a parenting schedule where her client remained the primary parent.
Affiliations And Acknowledgements
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
Born and raised in Syracuse, Rosemary is involved and invested in her community. She is the past secretary to the Onondaga County Assigned Counsel Panel Board of Directors and currently serves on the Board of Directors for the CNY Women’s Bar Association.
- Central New York Collaborative Family Law Professionals, Member, Board of Directors
The CNY Collaborative Family Law Professionals seeks to resolve cases in a collaborative manner instead of litigation.
- Central New York Women’s Bar Association, Board of Directors
- Assigned Counsel Panel, Board of Directors – Former Board Member and Secretary to the Board.
This organization ensures that all people have a right to an attorney at every stage in criminal proceedings.
Syracuse University College of Law – Syracuse, NY
Juris Doctor, May 2004
St. John Fisher College – Rochester, NY
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Political Science, Cum Laude, May 2001