Bob is a member of the firm practicing in the areas of agriculture, bankruptcy, banking and financial institutions (including creditors’ rights), equipment leasing and financing, mergers and acquisitions, business transactions, litigation, both corporate and commercial, appellate law, and venture capital.
Bob’s experience includes representing debtors, creditors and Trustees in complex bankruptcy and workout matters, and representing publicly traded companies in corporate acquisitions. He has significant experience in venture capital transactions. Bob represents banks and other lenders in a wide variety of secured transactions including equipment leasing, asset-based loans, and term loans. He has been involved in foreclosure or other realization on a wide variety of assets including airplanes, airplane engines, boats, pianos, and grocery stores.
He is a registered mediator with the United States District Court for the Northern District of New York and has mediated numerous commercial matters including contract disputes and creditor’s rights.
Bob has published law review articles and lectured on bankruptcy and creditor’s rights for the New York State and Onondaga County Bar Associations.
- Represented an upstate New York municipality in the Adelphia bankruptcy cases and has been involved with cable television and PEG issues;
- Represents a not-for-profit entity that operates various networks for educational, research and related purposes;
- Represented the Bankruptcy Trustee for Telergy, Inc., a telecommunications company headquartered in Syracuse, New York, in which the trustee operated and successfully sold operating portions of the telecommunications network.
Affiliations & Acknowledgements
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Central New York Bankruptcy Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- New York State Board of Law Examiners, Drafters and Administrators of New York State Bar Exam, Former Law Examiner
- Appellate Division, Fourth Department, Former Confidential Law Research Assistant
- U.S District Court, Northern District of New York, Committee on Revision of the Local Bankruptcy Rules, Former Committee Member
- Super Lawyers – Upstate New York Edition 2022-2023
- Best Lawyers in America (2011-2024) – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Right/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Best Lawyers of America: Lawyer of the Year Award, 2023-2024
- Manlius Public Library, Board of Directors
- Menorah Park, Board of Directors
J.D., Albany Law School, 1977
B.A., State University of New York at Albany, 1974