Jana McDonald is a Member in the Syracuse office of Bousquet Holstein PLLC and serves on the firm’s Board of Managers.
Jana practices in the firm’s Real Estate Group, representing clients in purchase, sale and lease transactions, title review, acquisition and financing due diligence, and boundary line, easement, rights of way, adverse possession, restrictive covenant, and other property ownership and title matters.
She also advises developers and property owners with regard to renewable energy project site control agreements, including review and negotiation of definitive agreements.
For over 30 years, Jana has specialized exclusively in real estate matters. In addition to her transaction and title experience, she has an extensive background in land use and continues to represent clients on selective matters. Her experience representing developers and advising development review boards gives her a unique advantage and perspective to representation involving development projects.
Jana began her career as outside legal counsel to large-scale industrial and commercial real estate developers in New Jersey and South Florida. After moving to New York, Jana worked for the City of Utica as the Director of Planning. She also served on the Board of Directors of the Cazenovia Preservation Foundation, a historic preservation organization and land trust, where she worked to secure multi-million-dollar farmland preservation grants and conservation easements.
- New York State Bar Association, Real Property Law Section
- Onondaga Country Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- Volunteer Lawyers Project of Onondaga County, Syracuse City Landlord Tenant Court
- Cazenovia Public Library – Member, Board of Trustees
- Cazenovia Preservation Foundation, Inc. – Previous Member, Board of Directors
- Town of New Hartford – Previous Member, Board of Assessment Review
University of Florida College of Law, JD
- Editor in Chief, Journal of Law and Public Policy
University of Virginia, Bachelor of City Planning
- School of Architecture, Urban and Environmental Planning
District of Columbia
U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York