In this time of uncertainty, businesses face massive challenges, with the landscape seeming to shift daily. Many are feeling information overload.
To support regional businesses, a panel of attorneys at Bousquet Holstein are pleased to join with the Tompkins County Chamber of Commerce for another webinar in the COVID-19 Business Readiness Series on Friday, May 8th at 12:00 Noon.
The program will provide an open forum for chamber members and guests to get answers to some of their most pressing questions on a variety of issues, including in the following areas:
- Employment – e.g., navigating decisions to layoff or furlough employees, complying with leave requirements under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA), New York’s sick leave law for quarantine or isolation due to COVID-19, considerations for Payroll Protection Program loan recipients, and other state and federal laws affecting employment.
- Tax – e.g., taking advantage of employment tax-related credits offered by the CARES Act and the FFCRA, using tax return filings and amended returns to access quickie refunds for current operational needs; keeping an eye on new differences between Federal tax issues and New York tax issues; meeting investment deadlines for opportunity funds; and interaction of tax benefits with PPP loans and other COVID-19 relief measures.
- SBA loan program – Loans and grants under Paycheck Protection Program and Economic Injury Disaster Loan program, permitted expenditures of PPP loan proceeds, best practices for documenting compliance and requesting loan forgiveness.
- Commercial contracts – e.g., force majeure and other excuses for non-performance; enforcement of contracts.
- Landlord/tenant – e.g., lease performance issues during the COVID-19 pandemic, including typical negotiation terms and proposals, potential lease enforcement issues, lease breaches, and evictions under pandemic-related stays and deadlines; negotiations with lenders on mortgage term flexibility, including statutory requirements under CARES Act.
- Insurance coverage – e.g., business interruption and other potentially applicable insurance.
The format of the webinar will be a 15 minute introduction followed by a 45 minute Q&A. For more information: https://business.tompkinschamber.org/events/details/l-e-a-r-n-covid-19-business-readiness-webinar-series-covid-19-ask-the-legal-experts-forum-with-law-firm-bousquet-holstein-pllc-190979
TO REGISTER FOR THE WEBINAR: https://business.tompkinschamber.org/events/register/190979
Bousquet Holstein Panel of Attorneys:
Laurence G. Bousquet, Esq.
Philip S. Bousquet, Esq.
Gregory D. Erikson, Esq.
Jean S. Everett, Esq.
Micha Ordway, Esq.
John P. “JP” Parachos, Esq.
Joseph J. Porcello, Esq.
John L. Valentino, Esq.
Christine Vouri-Misso, Esq.
Robert K. Weiler, Esq.
Joshua S. Werbeck, Esq.
Please visit our COVID-19 webpage where you will find up to date information, Legal Alerts, and articles to help you, your business/organization, and your employees.